Today is the day to say thank you to those who support our wonderful Gomes School. Nominate someone today for the 2018 PTA Founder's Day Awards.
Online Form: https://goo.gl/forms/ZdCC4IOAvZxRDk4q2
Due: 5 PM, Thursday, February 2nd, 2018
Gomes School PTA Founder’s Day Q&A
Q: What is Founder’s Day?
A: Founder’s Day is an annual observance promoted by the National PTA to honor and recognize not only the original founders of what today is known as the PTA, but to also, in the same spirit, honor those in the community at large who exemplify the caring, nurturing, and diligent dedication to the education of all our community’s children as demonstrated by those early child advocacy pioneers from the early 20th century. Each year, Gomes School honors some special people in our school community for all of the hard work they do for our children.
Q: What awards may be given?
A: There are five different categories of awards that may be given out:
- Very Special Person Award – May be given to honor an individual in the PTA, school, or community for their outstanding efforts on behalf of our children.
Past Recipients (2017-2012): Janice Xia, Nelly Chong, Anita Vaidun, Promila Rastogi, Chris Schurman, Sogoul Sayedirasthi, Joe Lee, Divya Raman, Annam Srinivasan, Klara Deigner, Joy Suh, Anu Natarajan, Eric Lee, Lisa Garcia, Rudy Castillo, Jeff Negley, Sailaja Ravi, Ramu Veeramacheneni, Harjeet Heer, Chitra Arunachalam
- Very Special Teacher Award – May be given to honor a Teacher in the school, for their outstanding efforts on behalf of our children.
Past Recipients (2017-2014): Mrs. Udelhoven, Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Frances Bender, Mrs. Ujwala Warey, Mrs. Glenister, Mrs Sutaria, Mr. Muck (posthumous), Mrs. Ford-Negley, Mrs Essex, Mr. Gutierrez
- Honorary Service Award – May be conferred upon an individual in the PTA, school, or community in special recognition of outstanding service to children and youth.
Past Recipients (2017-2012): Nora Garces, Orna Ketchmer, Amy Hunt, Nicole Cantu, Queenie Chong, Norm Howell, Ying Shen, Principal Douglas Whipple, Michele Hertel, Deepa Fernes, Deepta Avantsa, Mrs. Mukai, Mrs. Burkholder, Mr. Ashraf, Jean Bhatia, Andrew Hancock, Salena Yung, Daphne Huang.
- Continuing Service Award – May be given to an individual in the PTA, school, or community who has previously received an Honorary Service Award.
Past Recipients (2017-2012): Queenie Chong, Michelle Hertel, Norm Howell, Joy Suh, Nivi Gupta, Chitra Arunachalam, Serena Tan
- Golden Oak Service Award – May be given to an individual in the PTA, school, or community who has previously received at least TWO of the above three awards.
Past Recipients (2017-2012): Nivi Gupta, Jill Hiroto, Roshini Kingsley.
Q: How do I nominate someone?
Q: Where can I find the complete list of previous recipients?
Vasudha and Bhuvana
Gomes PTA Founder’s Day Committee