Hello JP Parents!
The Parent Teacher Organization Council is hosting Humanities Curriculum Meetings.
Please save the dates:
Supervisor of Humanities (PreK- Grade 6)
Thursday, February 25th @4pm
Supervisor of Humanities (Grade 7 - Grade 12)
Thursday, March 4th @4pm
We are also asking you to submit the questions we plan to present before the meetings.
- How are students being differentiated this year in terms of their ELA skills and get the supports they uniquely need/at their level?
- In which grade do kids begin to learn to write an essay?
- Are kids taught how to read a standard question/answer paragraph (for testing)?
- In what grade do kids start to learn grammar and sentence structure?
- Are there set expectations in each grade for how much writing/number of essays is expected?
- When (and how often) do students learn how to write (and research) research papers (with footnotes, bibliography)?
- When/how do students increase their vocabulary, including spelling of words, grammar and proper construction of sentences?
- Aside from handwriting learned in Grade 3 so they can sign their name, how often is handwriting encouraged as well as note-taking by hand? To master this skill, you need repetition over many years.
- Do students do “dictation” where you hear something, and then write answers to questions about it or paraphrase and remember what you heard – memory retention skill?
If you have any other questions you wish to pose to Keisha Smith-Carrington please post your questions here before Tuesday, February 23rd at 10 AM:
Here is the link to the zoom meeting:
Meeting ID: 868 6028 7518
Your JP PTO