This is a FREE public event for adults only. Registration is required. Please RSVP: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080944a9a72da6fb6-tech
With texting, livestreaming, Snapchat, Fortnite. Technology is changing fast, and many of us are struggling to stay one step ahead of our kids. Learn how to help your child use the Internet responsibly at our Family Tech Talk Night on Tuesday, 23rd April, 7:30pm at Princeton Charter School.
Please join us as speaker, Lynette Owens, Global Director for Online Safety at Trend Micro and Founder of their Internet Safety for Kids and Families program, discusses the latest trends, what children are doing online and how to teach them to be smart, safe, and respectful digital citizens. You’ll learn about:
- The importance of knowing the sites and apps your child uses
- How kids are using mobile devices like smartphones and tablets
- Social networking sites and how to help your child use them wisely
- What to do if your child encounters online bullying
- Objectionable content and what to do if your child views it
- The importance of teaching your child to find a healthy balance with technology use
- Your role in keeping the conversation going about responsible Internet use
There will be light refreshments, handouts, take home flyers and fun giveaways.
If you have any questions please contact: TechTalk@princetoncharter.org