A letter will be coming home with your kiddos with information regarding next week's Scholastic Book Fair, taking place Nov. 14-18, 2022. The letter has a few important reminders:
- Monday and Tuesday are browsing days. Students come with their class and—with help from teachers, aides, and book fair volunteers—fill out a wish list that they bring home.
- You will send the wish list back with them, identifying the books you are comfortable with purchasing, along with money to pay for the books. We accept both cash and check.
- This year the NJ state law is different and we will be required to charge sales tax. There will be a line for the additional 6.625% on the wish list so you can factor that into any money you send to school with your student.
- Class shopping days will be on Wednesday and Thursday, Nov. 16 and 17, and the book fair will be open on those afternoons from 3:30 to 4:30 pm if you’d like to come in and shop with your child. We do accept credit cards when adults are purchasing. No special sign-up is required.
- On the wish list, you will also see space to donate to the teachers’ wish list for the class, and to allow for volunteers to help with appropriate substitutions should a title be out of stock. Any money remaining will be donated directly to the Johnson Park library.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out directly.
With excitement for next week,
Thais Carter & Jennifer Barthelemy
Co-Chairs of the JP Book Fair