Hello JP parents!
If you're interested, pediatric vaccinations for COVID-19 for children 5 to 11 are available at Jadwin Gym on the University campus Wednesdays from 12 – 6 p.m. (Nov. 10, Nov. 17, Dec. 1, Dec. 8, and Dec. 15).
Please read on if you're interested!
You can walk-in, but appointments are preferred. You can visit the New Jersey Vaccine Scheduling System (NJVSS) or call 1-855-568-0545. (I think calling is easier if you have more than one kid to schedule.)
A few considerations issued by the University:
- People with appointments will be given priority.
- Parking remains challenging and is not available in the immediate area of Jadwin gym.
- Members of the public with scheduled appointments for a COVID vaccination at the University's vaccination clinic may park in the Harrison Street temporary parking area, which can be reached via Prospect Avenue or Faculty Road.
- Jadwin Gym is a fifteen-minute walk from the Harrison Street parking area, or a five-minute shuttle ride on the University's TigerTransit bus service (see schedule and real-time bus information for Route 1). (I found street parking nearby.)
- Note: The Moderna clinics on Thursdays from 12 – 3 p.m. will not be administering vaccinations to children under 18 years of age.
- Please note: The Nov. 17 clinic will end at 3 p.m
More info for Princeton University's COVID resources: https://covid.princeton.edu/
My personal "review": I was there yesterday and the clinic was well set-up. It was quick and easy. Depending on the time of day though, you may need to wait outside before your appointment, so bring something warm for the kids! They had stickers that the kids could pick from while they waited the 15 minutes after getting the vaccination. It's also set up in an open area in the lobby of Jadwin, so if your child would be more comfortable in a smaller, private setting, perhaps the pediatrician is still the way to go.
Hope you find this helpful!
Stephanie (mother to Robert, 1st grade)