Hello Kaiser Elementary Community.
I hope this message finds you all well. Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week and Friday was designated across the district as a “Wellness Day” for all staff. I want to say, again, how much I appreciate all of the Kaiser staff for their tremendous dedication. Please join me in sharing your appreciation! I also want to celebrate all the Kaiser Moms! I hope that you had an enjoyable Mother’s Day yesterday.
As we near the end of the school year, we are planning ways that we can celebrate while staying safe. Here are a few key things that will be happening.
- We will gather for a 5th grade promotion when it is safe to do so. It is important that we celebrate our 5th graders and have a chance to bring closure in person.
- We are planning a day for each grade level for students and families to do a curb-side pick up of materials and to say “hi” to teachers from a safe distance. This is pending approval and details will be forthcoming, but please save the following dates:
- Kinder - 1st: Tuesday, 5/26
- 2nd - 3rd: Wednesday, 5/27
- 4th-5th: Thursday, 5/28
- Kaiser Alive: Thanks to Sarah Isaacs, Linda Handy and Oscar Campus who are keeping this tradition going through these times.
- Spirit Week: Oscar has been reaching out via Konstella. Thanks to those who have participated in this!
Today’s Principal Shelter in Place video for kids was shot at dinner in the backyard. With this beautiful weather we are trying to be outdoors as much as possible. I am als excited to share another video from our International series in which friends from all over the world send greetings to Kaiser students. Today we hear from Cielo in Medellin, Colombia. Cielo was my Spanish teacher 5 years ago when Trish and I spent several weeks in Medellin, one of my favorite places I’ve traveled! Want to take a 6 minute trip to Colombia right now? This music video showcases the tremendously diverse cultures and landscapes of this beautiful country.
Thinking of you all!
~ Dennis Guikema, Principal.