Diversity and Community Engagement Committee
Kaiser Elementary School
Purpose: Cultivating welcoming and inclusive spaces for folks of differing backgrounds and needs, ensuring that all families feel valued.
Outcome: Students feel empowered and proud of who they are. As a result, they thrive in the classroom and within Kaiser Activities.
Parents and families feel supported, excited and safe to participate in Kaiser Classrooms, volunteer opportunities, school programs and community-building with other families.
Why this, why now?
School environments directly impact student success. Oakland is home to a beautifully wide range of persons, backgrounds, orientations, identities and abilities. We must find ways to nurture and promote empowering school experience that support positive growth. Additionally, families must have the tools and resources necessary to bring their whole selves to school.
Diversity and Community Engagement Committee IS:
- A space for collective liberation, celebration, conversation and community building.
- A space to lean into practices that celebrate our uniqueness
- A space to honor and visiblize (See + visualize + stabilize) all folks and families at Kaiser Elementary
- A space to pour into our children and support their ability to love themselves in a society and institution that doesn’t always honor difference.
- A fun group of like-minded folks who value diversity and inclusion and want to nurture our vibrant community of families.
Are you committed to nurturing diversity and inclusion? Are you looking for ways to positively reinforce your culture and identity outside of the home? Do you care about racial and social justice? Does your family enjoy cultural events and celebrations? Do you lead with love? Do you have ideas and are you energized at the thought of this kind of work?? Please join us!
For more information please contact: