Dear Kyrene Monte Vista Families,
As the 2019-20 school year comes to a close, we have worked with the Kyrene Emergency Management Team to plan for the safe and organized retrieval of students’ personal belongings from campus, as well as the return of items that belong to the school.
Please refer to this schedule for your family’s window to pick up personal items:
- Monday, May 18: Last names A–E, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 19: Last names F–L, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 20: Last names M–S, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 21: Last names T–Z, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Kyrene Monte Vista Elementary School staff will use the following process to ensure social distancing:
- Students’ classroom belongings will be packaged into individual bags. Staff will be following CDC guidelines for social distancing and hand washing during this process.
- Families will use the parent pickup entrance on Mountain Sky Avenue to drive up to the entrance of the Multipurpose Room (MPR) during their designated time.
- Please stay in your car and place a sign in the passenger side of your front window with your last name and grade level and teacher. If you have multiple children, please indicate their grades and teachers as well.
- Mrs. Strickling, myself, and other Monte Vista staff volunteers will treat this like a “rainy day pick dismissal”. Staff will use radios to communicate to one another and gather your student’s items and bring them to your car.
- School Medication will be available for pickup as well. If your child has medication at school, Ms. Patti will be present to return medications to parents at these designated times. If you have any questions about this, please contact Ms. Patti in advance.
- Library books can also be returned to school during this process.
Please note that we have morning and afternoon options available for the last names listed. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher.
Garth Cupp, Principal
Kyrene Monte Vista Elementary School