Dear La Scuola Community,
We are delighted to announce that this year’s annual fundraising gala La Dolce Vita, will be held virtually on Saturday, March 20th. We are grateful for any and all of your support.
By donating items to our Online or Live Auction. 100% of funds raised at LDV support operations of the school and tuition assistance to ensure that La Scuola remains accessible to a diverse community of families.
Each family is asked to solicit or donate 2-3 items for the auctions – but we will happily accept more! Small and large items are welcome, as well as items that can be bundled as part of a larger package. All items should be received by March 8, 2021.
This year’s Silent Auction will open for two week's beginning the week prior to La Dolce Vita and will be available to event guests, as well as the broader community through the convenience of mobile and online bidding.
Examples of Donations:
- Vacation homes in Tahoe, Wine Country, Santa Cruz and Hawaii
- Virtual Experiences like Magic Shows, Whiskey Tastings & Pasta Classes
- Cases of wine for the event or bottles of wine for auction
- Restaurant Gift Certificates or any other small business you wish to support
- Subscription boxes like FabFitFun, Winc & Kiwico
- Technology: computers, smart watches, cameras, iphones, fitbit
- Home gym equipment
- Fashion: Designer dress or handbag that is just sitting in your closet
- Art: Time to rotate your artwork out for something new? Donate your art to the auction!
- Services: Are you a photographer? Offer up a mini photoshoot for the family or headshots
Weekly Donation Drive!
Every week from now until March 8th, we will be sending themed asks to help with ideas for donations for our 2021 LDV Gala Event. Every Thursday a volunteer will be at Dogpatch and Mission campuses from 8am - 9am receiving donations.
To whet your appetite, below is the running order and a brief overview of the ways you can donate:
w/o Feb 1 - WINE & SPIRITS WEEK
E.g A bottle of wine or a case, a cocktail kit, or your whisky club subscription
w/o Feb 8 - TECHNOLOGY WEEK
E.g Tablets to Zoom on, smart watches, gaming consoles, in-home projectors
w/o Feb 15* - LUXE FASHION & ART WEEK
E.g The ‘as new’ designer purse that is gathering dust, the painting that no
longer works in your space
w/o Feb 22 - VACATION HOME & EXPERIENCE WEEK
E.g The house in Tahoe, a condo in Hawaii, seats for the Warriors, gift certificate
to support your favorite restaurant, bar or museum
w/o Mar 1 - HOME IMPROVEMENT WEEK
E.g Interior design hours, de-cluttering experts, painters or garden specialists
* This is Presidents Week, so in person donations will be the following week
Contact an LDV committee member or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick up or contactless exchange for your donation. Need ideas or suggestions, we are an email or a call away.
How to Submit Auction Donations
- La Dolce Vita website at: https://lascuola.schoolauction.net/virtual2021
- All forms can also be submitted here!
- Please complete an online donation form for each item you solicit or donate.
- You will be contacted by the LDV committee if more information is needed, and donors will receive a thank you letter for tax purposes after the auction.
Donation Drop Off and Scheduled Pickups
- On Thursdays there will be volunteers collecting donations at Dogpatch and Mission campus from 8am - 9am. Please have your completed donation form attached to your order when dropping it off. Please email email@example.com to schedule a pickup if that window does not work for you!
Solicitation Packet includes:
- LDV 2021 Fact Sheet
- Donation Form
- Email Template
Our community has come together in incredible ways to support our school, and we thank you in advance for your generosity and partnership.
LDV Committee Chair & Axel Timney's Mom
But wait there's more....
LDV 2021 has been
reimagined & virtually improved!
SCHEDULE & HIGHLIGHTS
Pre-show for the entire family!
VIRTUAL MAGIC SHOW w/
Master Magician Dan Chan
Pop the bubbly, it's party time!
Live Auction with
Emmy Award-Winning Radio/TV Host
Hosted By Stefano Bini & Margaux Axelrod
Musical Performances from
Grade 3 & Grade 8 Student Ensembles
Directed by Carlo Dean
Heartwarming Interviews &
Video Featuring Your Children!