From Ms. Rushing:
Las Colinas Elementary Field Day
Friday, April 27, 2018
Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades participate in field day 8:15-10:15 a.m.
3rd, 4th, and 5th grades will participate in field day 11:00 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Ending times are approximate. Actual ending times depend on the heat factor.
- There are no scheduled specials on field day.
Students will participate in a variety of activities
Teachers: Teachers, you may be running activities or traveling with a group.
- Take your class boy’s group and girl’s group to their starting station.
- Report to your assigned field day post.
- Begin activities as close to start time as possible.
- If you have a travel chair, you might want to bring one for yourself.
- Students and teachers can bring water bottles with name on them.
- Stay with your assignment.
- Teachers may participate in any event at any time.
- Enjoy yourself.
- Make sure students get water after the events are over.
- When you get back to rooms, give participant charms to students who participated in every event.
Students and teachers should dress for heat. Sun block is encouraged. The events are not overly strenuous. Students may bring a water bottle labeled with their name to the event.
The events may include any of the following as time and heat allow.
|Parachute Activities||Kangaroo Jump||Flag Tag||Sack Race|
|Hula Hoop Jump Race||Scooter Tag||Spoon Race||Cageball|
|Tug-o-War||Balance Races||Noodle Fun||Hula Hoop Traditional|
Parents: You are invited to attend.
- You may want to bring a blanket or lawn chair to carry with you.
- Students rotate to different locations. Parents, rotate with your child.
- Watch from sidelines. Keep start and finish lines clear for students.
- Field Day will be located in the outdoor back areas of LCE.
- Walk around the school (out-side of building) to locate field day.