California’s public schools are badly underfunded. East Bay cities are cutting their budgets—and slashing programs and services for students. Our children deserve better.
You can make a difference. The purpose of the Alameda Council / Peralta District Advocacy Day is to support and empower parents, teachers, and other community members to support public schools in the East Bay region and across California. This event is directly aligned with the mission of the California PTA, including its stated purposes:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community
- To raise the standards of home life
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
- This event is co-sponsored by the Peralta PTA District and the Alameda PTA Council.
This event features keynotes speakers
- California State Senator Nancy Skinner
- Founder and primary writer of Ed100, Jeff Camp
- Representative of Assemblymember Rob Bonta
More details are on https://www.alameda-pta.org/.