Welcome Lincoln Families to the 2018/19 school year and hope you all had a fabulous summer!!
We're excited about the year ahead and welcome our new 6th grade students and families as well as returning faculty members and students.
A quick checklist to prepare for the first day of school on Monday, 8/20:
- Registration and textbook pick up is in full swing (8/10 - 14). Enjoy your tour of the campus and
- Join, volunteer and donate to the PTA which provides necessary support and funding towards our kids' education, resources, and experience at LMS
- Get your spirit wear!
- Purchasing school supplies on Amazon? Use the Amazon link on the school home page and PTA page supporting the LMS PTA (your Prime account _will_ work through this link!)
- Need gear and clothing - shop at Sports Basement as a Basementeer and get 10% off - and choose Lincoln Middle School PTA at checkout as your preferred charity, with 10% of your sale back to LMS
- Does your company have a matching program? Find out today and let us know how we can assist.
- Volunteer - LMS needs your help. Review our full list of committees and roles in Konstella for opportunities or contact a PTA committee or board members
- Enjoy music? Donate to the LMS Music Boosters and support our incredible program.
- School Robocalls are made weekly to your designated number(s). You can also playback the latest call on the LMS Home Page
- LMS ROAR - look for the weekly e-newsletter from LMS administration once school starts packed with terrific schoolwide information. You can also access via the LMS Home Page
Important upcoming dates:
Friday, August 17 - Textbook pick-up makeup date
Saturday, August 18 - Potluck Picnic - at the LMS field for all grades/families - 11:30am to 2:00pm
Monday, August 20 - First full day of school at 8:10am and dismissal is at 2:50pm. Note that every Wednesday through the year is Collaboration Day at Lincoln and students will be dismissed at 1:32pm. Full bell schedules are on the LMS school website.
Tuesday, August 21 - Second Day Coffee at 8:30am in the multipurpose room sponsored by the LMS PTA. Our principal will be giving brief welcoming comments. We will also be providing important information about PTA and volunteer opportunities.
Wednesday, September 5 - Back to School Night from 6:30 – 8:30 pm. This is a great opportunity to meet your children’s teachers and hear what they will be learning this year, as well as highlights and demonstrations of student activities and programs
Thursday, September 13 - First PTA meeting will be at 7pm in the Media Center. Meet the PTA Officers and learn about our 2018-2019 budget and more. Please follow Konstella Calendar for more information.
We encourage everyone to join the PTA and participate in our Direct Donation Drive to support distinctive programs for our students. LMS PTA funds all of Lincoln’s field trips (middle school field trips come to the school), assemblies, Art Docent, teacher support (classroom supplies, books, workshop materials), study hall, and staff appreciations to name just a few. You can join and donate online, by visiting the LMS PTA Home Page and clicking the “Join Today” button. Or use the provided yellow donation/membership envelope to join and make your contribution. The PTA Membership and Direct Donation items are separate, thank you for your participation! Remember that all donations are tax deductible.
And, be sure to visit our LMS Spirit Wear store from the school website. Save yourself a form, a check, and a trip to the school and purchase your spirit wear online today!
Your PTA is looking forward to supporting another successful year for every student at Lincoln.
The Lincoln PTA