Raising Healthy Children
How do we stop the toxic levels of anxiety and stress that have become common in schools across the nation?
On November 16th at 7:00 PM at John Witherspoon Middle School, George Scott, a Family Therapist at the Center for Counseling Services in Mercer County, will be giving a presentation on Raising Healthy Children. Mr. Scott is a renowned expert on mental health in kids and teens.
Topics discussed will include:
· Developing lifelong resiliency by empowering kids to embrace challenges and failures
· Why students are floundering in spite of immense potential
· Raising kids to be the happy and thriving adults we want them to be
· Responding to traumatic events
· The increases in self-injury and suicides among children ages 10-21
· The increases in the number of our children referred for psychiatric evaluations