Superman and Captain America were there...Principal Sanchez and a host of teachers ran with the kids....we ran out of runner bibs and we had ordered 200!! Thank you to everyone who turned out to make this a very fun, healthy, community-building fundraising event. Longfellow is amazing!
THE THANK YOU'S CONTINUE:
- The teacher's who spent their Sunday morning jogging with Longfellow students, your dedication and pride in the school community and support of the PTO showed. And those teachers who promoted the event from their classroom or in other ways -- you made a difference. Just a couple examples are Coach Otterman getting chalk and cones for us to make the track, and our new teacher Sr. Jimenez donating money and committing $1 for every middle school student who showed up!
- ALL of the volunteers who showed up to help that morning, and/or put in countless hours leading up to the event. Thank you Men's Club for playing such a big role in all of the setup, break down, and logistics of the day.
- Principal Sanchez for being there (as Longfellow Superhero Giraffe no less!) to support the event, the kids love seeing that.
Fundraising prizes are being tallied, organized and ordered. Remember each kid that raises:
- $75 earns a Longfellow water bottle
- $125 earns custom designed Longfellow super socks EXCLUSIVE TO THIS EVENT
- $250 earns a ticket to the Longfellow Rockin' Superhero Jumphouse party (date TBA soon)
The custom sock order is being made and will take a few weeks to be ready, so prizes likely cannot be delivered until after Thanksgiving.
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO FUNDRAISE AND ADD TO YOUR TOTALS!! If you check on our school total HERE you'll see we are still a few thousand $$ below our goal, but the fundraiser doesn't end until Oct. 30. LET'S MEET OR EXCEED THAT GOAL so we can continue the amazing programs PTO funds through this year. Students who had "per lap" pledges had their envelopes sent back, please return those to your teacher, the office, or me (Lucas) if you see me by Friday.
For our "Flash" runners at the event, top runner awards will be given out at an upcoming Wed. morning assembly, look for an announcement when that will happen. If you did not receive a T-shirt at the event (we ran out of many sizes with such high attendance) or your kid raised over $25 and wanted to get one, contact Paula Cunningham at pkcunningham
Thank you all and please remember to get any remaining donations in by Oct. 30 to earn those prizes and help us meet and exceed our schoolwide goal!! (Online donations can be made HERE, designate for Jogathon and student name/teacher/grade in the text box)