Hello Longfellow Community,
The next Joint-Use Field meeting is next Thursday, February 22nd from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the South Clairemont Recreation Center. At the last meeting the Longfellow community came out strong and packed the Rec Center! Let’s be sure we do it again to show our support for the grass field. The City’s Planning Department provided the information below on the process going forward, including that the Tecolote Rec Council will be voting at this meeting. This information will be reviewed at the meeting with dates for each milestone.
Please sign-up to confirm you can attend! Thank you.
- The Longfellow Joint Use Facility General Development Plan will be listed as an action item on the Tecolote Rec Council meeting agenda.
- It is a public meeting and noticed per the Brown Act.
- As the recognized community park advisory group, the Tecolote Rec Council will be
- The Rec Council will provide a recommendation that is taken forward to the Park and Recreation Board.
- Before the item can go before P&R Board, the appropriate CEQA document must be prepared. I believe this will be a Notice of Exemption at Longfellow.
- Once the CEQA document is completed, we can docket this item for the P&R Board which is a citywide recognized park advisory committee for a vote. If approved, the public input process is concluded.
- The next step will be for the District to hire a consultant team and proceed with the Design and Construction Documents.
- Concurrently, the City and District will draft the Joint Use Agreement which is the formal agreement allowing for the joint use of the facility for a 25 year term. Typically these agreements are renewed at the end of the term and continue to be joint use indefinitely.
- Once the Design documents are complete, the District proceeds with bidding and construction of the field.
- After which there is a 6-month turf establishment period to allow the seeded grass to establish and then the field will be open to the public.