Spirit Week. This week we will hold Spirit Days to bring awareness to the Red Ribbon Campaign (drug prevention).
- Monday: Crazy Hair Day...Don't be crazy, Don't Use Drugs!
- Tuesday: Twin Day...Team-Up Against Drugs!
- Wednesday: Orange & Black Day...Don't Be Afraid To Say No To Drugs!
- Thursday: Sports Jersey Day...Tackle Drugs Before They Tackle You!
- Friday: Pajama Day...Say Goodnight To Drugs! (No slippers; students must wear regular shoes to school)
Dia de los Muertos T-Shirts (order by Friday). Celebrate our annual signature event with your own t-shirt! The 2018 DDLM shirt features last year's winning design by Longfellow 8th grader, Avery Rivera. Shirts are black with the logo on front and glow in the dark ink. They are $15 and can be ordered online or by sending the attached order form back to your child's teacher with payment. They will be delivered to classrooms. Orders are due November 2.
Dia de los Muertos Volunteer Opportunities! We need still need volunteers to make this event happen! Please sign-up through Konstella if you are able to offer your time for set-up, during the event, or clean-up.
October Box Tops Winner....Drumroll, please! The Box Tops for Education contest winner goes to Sra. Ortiz's class, with a grand total of 383 Box Tops! Job well done! Just for fun, the second place class was Sra. Esquivel and third place was Sr. Salazar. The Box Tops submission for November 1st earned our school a total of $400.70 (this includes Box Tops collected from March 2018-present). Have fun at your popcorn and movie party, Sra. Ortiz and class! Thank you to all of Longfellow for participating in our Fall Box Tops Contest! (~Sarah Lucas)