What a week!!!! We hope your child(ren) enjoyed their "Reading Safari" adventure for Reading Week. From the outdoor Safari Walk, nightly Bedtime Stories, daily classroom activities with sight words, poetry, and more, it was a week packed full of reading fun and learning.
Today, Rhode Island author/illustrator, Eric Sturtevant joined all classes for a Virtual Author Visit. His messaging and artistry resonates strongly with this age group and we're so excited he joined students to tour his art studio, talk about a few of his characters/books and host an engaging Q&A. If you'd like to learn more about his amazing work or purchase his books, visit http://www.ericsturtevantbooks.com. Eric kindly gave all students a bookmark to go home with too so be sure to check your child's backpack.
Some additional Reading Week thanks to ...
- Bedtime Stories guest readers of Ms. Malillo, Mrs. Lynch, Mr. Marcaccio and Miss Jess
- Card My Yard for the cheerful 'We're Wild About Reading Sign' outside school
- The amazing Meadowbrook Staff for adding so much energy and excitement to make the week such a success for our children
- Reading Week Committee of Ashley Bond, Christine Dembinski, Denise Desmarais, Kristen Strattman and Sarah Turshen
- And, or course, the surprise "elephant and giraffe" that made appearances throughout the week (Mr. Marcaccio and Miss Jess, you added a lot of joy!)
Reading Week "mascots"
Meadowbrook Reads Too: Guess Who!
'Poem in My Pocket'
Outdoor Safari Walk of Eric Carle's 'From Head to Toe'
We're Wild About Reading!