Teacher placement letters were mailed out yesterday ... here is some important info to know as you gear up for Back to School from the PTG.
First, welcome to the Meadowbrook Farms PTG! We’re excited to start a new school year and look forward to another great school year ahead.
The MFS PTG strives to enhance the educational experience for all Meadowbrook Farms students. Through an array of family events, student enrichment activities, school-wide initiatives, staff support and more, the MFS PTG provides a vital link between families and the school.
A few things to know as we start the new school year:
- Konstella - If you received this email, you're in good shape! If you know of a new parent to Meadowbrook, please encourage them to join Konstella. This is the PTG’s primary communication tool and is the best way to stay informed about all PTG events, activities, and volunteer opportunities. Go to www.konstella.com, type “meadowbrook farms”, select our school, and fill out the required info to sign up. You can also download an app to your smartphone. Once you have your child's teacher placement, be sure to assign your child to his/her new classroom.
- Facebook - Our PTG Facebook group is another great way to stay informed about PTG initiatives, events and reminders. Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/MeadowbrookPTG/
- Meadowbrook and District ListServ - These ListServs are great resources to stay connected. We encourage you to sign up for the Meadowbrook Farms ListServ to receive updates and announcements from our Principal, Mr. Marcaccio. There is also a separate ListServ with district-wide information sent from Dr. Mercurio’s office. You can sign up for both at https://www.egsd.net/parents/list-serve-sign-up-information
- Family Donation - MFS PTG does a lot around school - from classroom enhancements, teacher grants, field trip/assembly funding, to events and more. Each year, we ask for an initial Family Donation at the start of school to help kick-off our fundraising efforts. More info will come home in the first month of school about our initiatives and one big fundraiser, the Glow Run. But, if you’d like to support the PTG at the start of school, you can check it off the list now at https://squareup.com/store/meadowbrookfarmsptg Thank you for your support!
- Parent Checklist - To help for a smooth transition back to school, we have created a full “Parent Checklist” that is posted on Konstella. This includes the info above as well as how to register for Stop & Shop Rewards, instructions to complete your BCI, and more. Check it out!
The PTG meets on a regular basis (check Konstella for dates!). We encourage you to attend the General Meetings to learn more about what the PTG does and ways you can get involved.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions. We are here to help!
Christine Dembinski and Sarah Turshen
2019-2020 PTG Co-Presidents