The PTG wishes all our students a great first day of school tomorrow!
Mr. Marcaccio sent out a detailed email this morning with reminders and important info. Here it is again ... and, if you didn't receive his email, be sure to sign up for the Meadowbrook ListServ!
- If your child is in the morning preschool, orientation is at 9:30am.
- If your child is in the afternoon preschool, orientation is at 11:30am.
- For the first few days of school we will have parent ambassadors and extra staff assisting families in getting sorted with drop off and other school basics in front of the building. They will be easy to spot. Ask questions if you have them.
- Please note you may see a police presence at school. EGPD often assists us with logistics and basic safety and security.
- Parents are not permitted on the playground for reasons of safety and security.You may walk your child to the front door on the first day only.
- 8:45-9:00> All students (preschool and K see above) whether arriving by bus, car, or foot will enter the building through the main glass doors and head out to our back playground (all purpose room if raining). Remember there is no supervision prior to 8:45. If you child is ordering lunch please remind him or her to stop in the cafeteria and order.
- It is typical for morning and afternoon buses to be a bit late the first week or so. Children are not marked late if their bus is late. One of our top priorities is ironing out the routes and protocols ASAP, while maintaining safety. I will send email messages alerting parents to any major delays. If you have a bus question, please call the school.
- Teachers will be on the playground and signs will designate classroom lineup areas. Parents are not permitted on the playground. There will be plenty of school adults on the playground to ensure your child finds his or her class.
- DROP OFF/ PARKING- We allow parent of K-2 students to park and walk children to the front doors of the building on the first day only. We also ask that if you can avoid doing this you follow the standard procedures for day two and beyond below. You may only park on the grass island and along the woods, not in the staff lots or other staff areas. Please make sure you carefully walk and cross your child to the front walk. After the first day please remember that student drop off is at the white curb outside our teacher parking lot, on your right as you come onto the grounds. There is a red and white sign "Drop Off Area." You may not park or stand along this curb. Students should follow the white feet on the sidewalk to the main doors. Please have students exit on the curb side only. If you are parking to bring your student in, please park on the grass island, along the woods, or behind the far end of the building. Please refer to the school handbook on our website for a more detailed explanation.
- LUNCH- The district uses the "MySchoolBucks" debit system for school lunches. You may also send in cash or check to pay for lunch or milk daily or to charge your child's account. I would encourage you to use the debit system which avoids lost cash, checks, etc. Here is the link:
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES- if you are sending in school supplies for general classroom use, please make sure they are in a bag labeled with you child's full name, grade and teacher.
- SNACKS- Please remember all of our classrooms are peanut/tree nut free zones. No snacks containing these products or traces of products are allowed in the classrooms. Students may bring lunches containing peanuts/tree nuts to be eaten at a designated table in accordance with state and local guidelines (see handbook). All classrooms PreK-2 have at least one daily snack time.
- DISMISSAL- if you are picking up your child at 3:25, please go to the side entrance glass doors by the teacher's lot at the north end of the property (next to the white morning drop-off curb). You may not park in the staff lot. Please park on the grass island or along the woods. You will be asked to sign your child out and should be prepared to present a photo ID to staff. If you do not have a valid photo ID with you, we will not release our child.
- If you plan to pick up your child and if he or she typically rides the bus, please send a walker note to the the classroom teacher. Without a note your child will be sent home on his or her bus.
- Here are other important links that may assist you with basic school info. and questions
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR ALL PARENTS
Transportation form (must be filled out annually for each child regardless of bus use)
If you have questions related to the start of school (even tonight), please do not hesitate to email or call the principal It's definitely ok to call my cell 401-217-9774. It's also OK to be a bit nervous about the first day of school. The principal gets nervous too!