The library is all set up with some great books for our young readers this week! A few important things to know for Book Fair:
- Monday: DePasquale and Haskins
- Tuesday: Mattox, AM/PM PreK
- Wednesday: Mateer, Flanagan, Orleck, Daley
- Friday: Sullivan, Potter, Garcia, Cascione, Simonetti
Paying for Books
Students can bring cash or check made to 'Meadowbrook Farms PTG'. If writing a check, your child will go home with cash change from their transaction. You can also use a credit card when shopping with your child.
Student Wish Lists
- If you prefer your child bring home a Wish List of books they like, he/she will bring it home, discuss with you and purchase later in the week. We cannot hold books so items might be out of stock when your child returns but we'll do our best to find something similar. No Wish Lists will go home with Friday classes since that is the last day of Book Fair.
Teacher Wish Lists
Around the room you'll see colored signs with teacher names and a stack of books underneath. These are books that teachers have specifically picked out as a 'Wish List' item for their classroom. If you choose, you may purchase a book to donate. At checkout, let the cashier know it's a Wish List book, you'll receive a 'to/from' sticker to put in the book to designate it's from your child and then you/your child can give it to the teacher. There is also a Library Wish List too!
- Check in at the front office and head to the library. Please arrive a few minutes before your time shift. We're still in need of volunteers for a few classes so even if it's not your child's class but you can share your time, we'd appreciate your help! Volunteer signs up are here. A current BCI is needed to volunteer.
Breakfast with Books (Fri, 4/5 8-9am)
- There are a few spots left so register online before the event fills up! https://form.jotform.com/90732826184158
Breakfast with Books Food Sign-up
- We're still looking for some baked goods and fruit; sign up here if you can help!
Art Night (Wed, 4/3 5:30-7:30pm)
- Feel free to shop the fair with your child during Art Night.
All For Books
- 'All For Books' is a Scholastic initiative where 100% of money collected goes to buy books for Meadowbrook. At checkout, if a transaction has change under 5 cents, we'll automatically round up to the next dollar and donate those pennies to buy books for the Library. It's amazing how it adds up! If you'd prefer your child go home with exact change, mark that on their envelope.
Did you know?
Our primary goal of Book Fair is to get books in our students hands to keep them excited about reading. As an added benefit, part of every dollar earned from the fair is contributed back to Meadowbrook Farms PTG to help fund other school initiatives throughout the year.