The library is all set up with some great books for our young readers this week! A few important things to know for Book Fair:
- Check the attached class schedule to see when your child is visiting Book Fair. Students can bring in cash or check made to 'Meadowbrook Farms PTG'. If writing a check, your child will go home with cash change from their transaction. You can also use a credit card when shopping with your child.
Student Wish Lists
- If you prefer your child not to make purchases during their visit, that is fine! We have Wish Lists that a volunteer will fill out with the name/price of books they like. Your child will bring that home, discuss with you and then may purchase later in the week. We cannot hold books so there is a chance it might be out of stock when your child returns but we'll do our best to find something similar.
Teacher Wish Lists
Around the room you'll see colored signs with teacher names and a stack of books underneath. These are books that teachers have specifically picked out as a 'Wish List' item for their classroom. If you like, you may purchase a book to donate. At checkout, let the cashier know it's a Wish List book, you'll receive a 'to/from' sticker to place in the book to designate it's from your child and then you/your child can give the book to the teacher. There is also a Library Wish List too!
- Check in at the front office and head to the library. Please arrive a few minutes before your time shift. We're still in need of volunteers for a few classes so even if it's not your child's class but you can share your time, we'd appreciate your help! Volunteer signs up are here.
Breakfast with Books
- You must RSVP by Wednesday, 9/26 if you plan on attending the event by returning the yellow flyer that went home last week. We're still looking for some baked goods and fruit; sign up here if you can help!
PRE-SALE: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Meltdown
- Scholastic is offering pre-sale of the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, on sale October 30th. If you'd like to order, let us know! The paperback costs $8.99. You'll pay for the book this week and when it arrives in early November, we'll deliver it to your child's classroom. Flyer is attached and will be available at check-out if you're interested
- Book Fair will be open at 7:30pm during Open House. Feel free to shop books with your child (and bring a reusable shopping bag if you remember). We'll check everyone out as fast we can and appreciate your patience!
All For Books
- 'All For Books' is a Scholastic initiative where 100% of money collected with this program goes to buy books for Meadowbrook. At checkout, if a transaction has change under 5 cents, we'll automatically round up to the next dollar and donate those pennies. If you'd prefer your child go home with exact change, please mark that on their money/envelope. Otherwise, we'll donate those pennies to buy books for the Library; it's amazing how it adds up!
Did you know?
Our primary goal of Book Fair is to get books in our students hands to keep them excited about reading. From sales at the Fall 2017 fair, we added over 236,000 estimated reading minutes to Meadowbrook kids! As an added benefit, part of every dollar earned from the fair is contributed back to Meadowbrook Farms PTG to help fund other school initiatives throughout the year.