You'll see the below letter come home in your child's folder this week. Please take a read and consider a one time family donation to Meadowbrook Farms PTG. Thank you!
How to make your 2019 PTG Family Donation
Check: Send in a check made out to ‘Meadowbrook Farms PTG’ in an enclosed envelope marked as ‘PTG Family Donation’.
Dear Meadowbrook Farms Families,
Welcome to Meadowbrook Farms Parent Teacher Group (PTG). We look forward to a great year and are excited to see new and returning MFS families!
The PTG cultivates relationships between parents, students, and Staff and provides an array of opportunities for our school community.
The PTG is proud to support and execute many exciting things at school, such as:
• Events: Book Fairs, Bingo Night, Reading Week, Snowball Dance, Art Night, Field Day and (many!) more, the PTG provides engaging events to enhance school spirit and student camaraderie. The PTG also manages all before school Enrichment activities, offering students a variety of programming choices based on their interests.
• Learning: Last year, the PTG purchased furniture to fully convert 3 classrooms to 21st century learning spaces. We also funded Save the Bay field trip experiences for all PreK - 2nd grade students and provided financial resources for Social Emotional Learning integration.
• Staff Support: Through teacher and principal grants and an array of Staff Appreciation activities throughout the year, the PTG continuously supports MFS Staff.
• School Enhancements: Last year, we purchased free standing fans for all classrooms and resource rooms, additional walkie-talkie radios for Staff, and funded upgrades in the Staff Lounge and Nurse’s office.
In order to do all of this (and more!), we need your help. Through volunteerism, financial support or both, we hope you’ll join us to make this year one of our best yet. As part of our fundraising efforts, we ask families for a one-time Annual Family Donation. This helps the PTG secure initial funding at the beginning of the school year before our primary fundraiser, the Glow Run, happens in October.
To stay connected with the PTG, please be sure to:
• Register on Konstella, our main form of communication and the best way to stay informed about all PTG events and volunteer opportunities. Go to www.konstella.com, select Meadowbrook Farms School, and fill out the required information.
• Find us on Facebook under ‘Meadowbrook PTG’ where we’ll post updates and info
• Come to a General PTG Meeting, held on the last Thursday every other month at 6:30pm in the Meadowbrook Library. Our first General meeting is September 26th. We encourage you to attend to learn about what is happening at MFS, upcoming PTG events, and more!
If you have any questions, ideas, comments or concerns, please reach out to MeadowbrookFarmsPTG@gmail.com.
Christine Dembinski and Sarah Turshen
2019-2020 PTG Co-Presidents