Reading Week (April 8-12) is almost here! This is truly a student favorite at Meadowbrook … a week filled with fun activities and events, all centered around reading. Flyers were sent home but here is a quick snapshot of the week:
Monday, April 8: Reading Train
- Bring in a favorite book; students make a reading “train” through the halls
Tuesday, April 9: Costume Parade
- Dress as Your Favorite Book Character
Wednesday, April 10: Where in the World is my Teacher?
- Teachers are paired up with another teacher to guest read in another class
Thursday, April 11: Drop Everything & Read Day
- Students carry around a book all day so they can “drop everything and read” when it is announced over the loud speaker.
- Also, your child needs to bring in his/her Reading Trackers too!!!
Friday, April 12: Tape Mr. Marcaccio to the wall!
- That’s right, Mr. Marcaccio will be taped to the wall! Be sure to check off your Reading Tracker for every 10 minutes your child reads. Once he/she gets 10 boxes, they earn a piece of tape to help tape Mr. Marcaccio to the wall (earn up to 3 pieces!). After the entire school gets their tape, he truly hangs from the wall!
- Grade/Class schedules are posted on Konstella. Lots of volunteers are needed to help pull this off so please sign-up if you’re available.
11:15am: AM PreK
12:00pm: Grade 2
12:30pm: Grade 1
12:45pm: PM PreK
- Super Reader Classrooms will be announced at the end of the day. One class per grade level that records the most minutes of reading on their Reading Trackers, will receive a bag of books and free Popcorn tickets!
- All students in school will go home with a book mark from the PTG
Also, thank you to all of the Guest Readers who will come in and read to classes throughout the week. For any questions on guest reading, reach out to your room parent or teacher.