WEDNESDAYS are time to WALK n' ROLL! Walk, roll (bike or scooter) or carpool to school to receive a small reward. The first Wednesday of each month, Walk n' Roll Volunteers wearing yellow safety vests will be handing out rewards at various locations in the surrounding neighborhood.
The Walk n' Roll program seeks to do the following:
- Instill healthy and active lifestyle behaviors by encouraging daily physical activity in a fun and social environment.
- Improve community safety by increasing the visibility and number of students walking and biking to school.
- Reduce traffic congestion around school zones while reducing air pollution and greenhouse gases.
- Increase their sense of community.
Do one of the following to receive a small reward:
- walk, bike or scooter to school
- join the Walking School Bus at 8:15 am at the Calabazas Park parking lot
- carpool with another family to school
We need volunteers to hand out small rewards. If you would like to volunteer to pass out rewards/incentives, please sign up below.
Walk n’ Roll San José is funded by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission through its Climate Initiatives Program with the goal of increasing walking and biking to school, fostering a healthy and active lifestyle, and reducing traffic congestion and related air pollution, leading to a safer environment within school zones.
For more information about the City of San Jose's Walk n' Roll Program, please go to: