Hello fellow leaders!
I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying the last few days of summer vacation! I just wanted to send you a few docs and reminders in advance of Thursday's meeting. Please find the agenda, Treasurer's Report (May- June, and July- August) , and Meeting Minutes from our May meeting attached. I have also attached our proposed budget for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
I would also like to share a few reminders.
1. Any outgoing officers who are still receiving these emails, you can "opt out" of them at the bottom of this email (if you'd like to stop receiving them).
2. PTA Memberships expire on October 31st of each year, to give members a bit of time to renew memberships once school starts. In order to vote on motions made during our meeting, you MUST be a member of a school PTA for the last 30 days. Our meeting is open, and community members are always welcome and encouraged to attend, but please refrain from voting if you are not an active member. If you would like to become a member of one or multiple school site PTA's, please let me know! Most are about $10 to join, and you are not required to have a child at the school to be a member : )
3. NEW PTA BOARD MEMBERS- I recently sent out an invitation email for Konstella, our communication platform. Please take a few minutes to complete your registration if you haven't done so already. I also HIGHLY recommend you read through your school's bylaws as well, so that all board members are on the same page. If you need them emailed to you, please let me know.
4. A wealth of knowledge can be found on these PTA sites: CAPTA.org (CA State PTA), and PTA.org (national PTA). You can also find quick links on our Council PTA page: MPTAC.org.
5. Unit members, please be ready to spend a few minutes updating us on your school's PTA. Events or programs you're planning, questions you may have, etc. Nothing fancy needed, just 3 minutes or so will work : )
6. There will be a virtual Fall Training day on September 12th, details to follow.
Zoom meeting invitation:
Time: Aug 13, 2020 07:00 PM
Click here to join (or copy and paste into browser bar)
Meeting ID: 748 3908 2900 Passcode: PTArocks
I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday! As always, you can reply directly to this email, or contact me at the number below.
Milpitas Council PTA President 2020-22