In 2017, MVE will mark our 60th year of advocating for great public schools in CA. To celebrate our anniversary, MVSA is inviting all MVE students to create art that depict themes based on MVE education. All artwork will be displayed to all students and parents during Halloween Carnival.
All entries will be judged by three MV staff/teacher(s). There are two entry categories, including individual member entry and group entry (a group of MV students).
- Individual entry category: Three winners at each grade level (total of 21 winners)
- Group entry category: One winner only
- Submit the digital photo of the proposed art entry to email@example.com, with a statement (explaining the entry or/and what you like about MV/teachers; 50 words max) by the due date (10/22). Student name, room name, teacher name, and contact phone number are also needed.
- Please bring the art entry to display inside and outside the MUR room at 10:30am on 10/28.
- An artwork slide show will be displayed at 11:30am at the beginning of the Halloween talent show in MUR on 10/28 (70 slides of art work max), with accompanying statement and instrumental music.
- The art contest winners and prizes will be notified via text around 2pm on 10/28. Later, the artwork may be reproduced in MVSA publications.
- This art contest is fully funded by several MV families. No registration fee is needed for participants.
- All submissions should be the original artwork from the student(s) only.
- All submissions should be two-dimensional.
- All submissions should include student name (print), grade level on the art work.
- All submissions should depict themes based on MVE education (i.e. illustrating what you like about MV/teachers, the work of school employees, your favorite MV event, your friendship with classmates, etc.).
- The emailed digital photo and delivered art become the property of MVSA. Depictions of the art may be reproduced in MVSA publications. The art may be displayed on the MUR wall for a year.
- The participants will display their own art work at the designated locations at MUR. No volunteers will help with displaying art work.
- Prizes will only be given to the winners with the delivery of their art work to MUR on 10/28.
- The participants are willing to release MVSA and volunteers from any liability in case of accidents, artwork loss, and artwork damage at Halloween Carnival on 10/28.