Dear Mission Valley Parents,
Thank you to those parents for donating to our Busy Beaver Fundraising Drive. We still need your help in in this year’s annual Busy Beaver Donation Drive, which funds approximately half of the MVSA (our Parent Teacher Organization) budget for the school year.
For week 1 of our fundraising efforts, we have raised only 30% of our goal.
Please join us in making a difference to your child(ren)’s life at school. Every dollar of your donation goes back to the children in our school.
In case you are unaware, MVSA funds the following programs and events:
- Computer Lab Maintenance & Technician (not funded by FUSD) $39,000
- Additional supplies for all classrooms $17,000
- Letter Reward Picnic, Primary Assemblies, field trips $10,200
- Lexia Reading Program (No longer funded by FUSD) $7,500
- Family Events & Staff Recognition $7,000
- STEM Programs $3000
- Student Programs, Disaster Preparedness, Valet Program, Family Science Night, Community Events, and so much more!
This year, our goal is to raise $50,000 by Nov 6, 2017. We expect 80% participation in order to reach this goal. The suggested donation amount is $200 per student. Please donate what you can.
*MVSA families who donate $200 or more will receive a baseball hat with the MV Beaver Logo *
How to donate?
- Donate online via Konstella and you will be able to pull an electronic donation receipt easily from Konstella. If you have not joined Konstella yet, you can join via https://www.konstella.com/c
- Donate by check: Make it payable to MVSA and print student name & room # on the memo line. Please see attached flyer. You can return the check to your classroom.
Donations are tax deductible. MVSA is a registered 501(c)3 non profit organization. Our tax ID number is 51-0199571. A donation receipt will be provided.
Does your employer match donations?
Double your donation by leveraging the donation matching program offered by your employer. Most of the companies in the bay area offer corporate matching. Please check this list to see if your employer is on the list. Check with your HR and you can easily double your donation by filling out a simple form and submitting a copy of your donation receipt.
Double Matching @ Lam Research! Family members working at Lam Research in Fremont will 2x match your donation during the month of October only. For example, if you donate $100, the school gets $300. If anyone needs help on how to submit the request, they can call/email Padma Gopalakrishnan @ Lam Research.
What else can you do to help?
Having your employer match makes a huge difference. Remind other families to turn in employer match also makes a huge difference. This extra bit of effort on your part may have a tripling effect!
What can classroom parents do to help?
If you are the classroom parent, please get the word out for this drive. Encourage and remind parents of your class how critical it is to pitch in and collectively support our school.
Mission Valley School Association (MVSA)