Hello, MDE Families,
I am excited to share with you the plans for MDE’s first Read-A-Thon! We all know it’s been an incredibly challenging last year. Our school needs us now more than ever, and we are hopeful that we can rally students together with family and friends to encourage reading and to help build literacy skills, while of course raising money. Our goal is to raise $20,000, and we can’t do it without YOU!!!
Our inaugural Read-a-thon will go for 2 weeks- starting next Monday, February 22- Friday, March 8.
Participating is easy. To sign up, go to: https://pledgestar.com/mtdiabloread/. Once you register your child, you can use the online tools to reach out to friends and family & get their support. You will track your child’s minutes read in the activity log on pledge star.
We’d be so grateful for your participation and support. And of course, we’ve got some fun prizes to encourage participation & fundraising:
2021 Read-A-Thon Prizes:
- Every child who registers for the Read-A-Thon receives a fun snap bracelet
- Every child who raises $100 gets entered into a drawing for a mini Ipad
- The child who raises the most money gets $100 Amazon gift card
- Class with the most $$$ raised: $5 ice cream certificate for each student
- Class with the most minutes read: $5 ice cream certificate for each student
Thank you in advance for helping make our first Read-A-Thon a success! Looking forward to raising money alongside you all.
2021 Read-A- Thon Chair
1st grade mom