Recipe for a happy two hours on Saturday morning, May 21st:
Come to the El Monte Bus Circle Garden from 10am – 12pm.
Choose between any 20 minute rotation stations of
· Plant propagation (take home cuttings of succulents, lemon verbena, lemon balm)
· 6 plant part burrito bar
· Paint math garden rocks
· Companion planting and 3 sisters (even in pots you can have corn, beans and squash!)
· Hot composting
· Plant part relay
· Sun beads and flower bracelets (kids)
· How to make your own Olla (sunken pots that dramatically cut down your need to water plants)
· Make your own pizza in real pizza ovens
Let’s stimulate our taste buds while reveling being outside with each other AND the knowledge we’re nearly done with this school year!
It’s all free, and MDUSD staff get paid for the time you’re there. Please register (your family is welcome to join us!) so we know how much food to bring at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/growing-healthy-kids-workshop-tickets-328363141997
Questions? Text Laney at 415-341-4903.