One of the biggest funding gaps that the North Beach PTA addresses is academic support to our students through the funding of an
but what is an Academic Interventionist?
We are at 53% of our $75,000 goal
Donate today to help maintain critical educational support.
Introducing Ms. Baker, North Beach Elementary's Academic Interventionist
Ms. Baker is a North Beach parent and educator. "I started volunteering in my child’s classroom in 2016, then became a tutor in 2019. I loved focusing on small groups and one on one instruction to meet students specific needs. I was the long term substitute interventionist in 2020 and 2021, and I am thrilled to step into the position full time this year!"
What does an Academic Interventionist do?
I work with grades K-5:
- Teaching small reading groups for K-5th grade. These reading groups support students who need more targeted instruction than the Being a Reader curriculum that is used in classrooms.
- Teaching 3rd grade math resulting in smaller class sizes (lowering math class sizes from 22/23 to about 15).
- Teaching 5th grade math resulting in smaller class sizes (lowering math class sizes from 25/26 to about 17).
- Coordinating tutor schedules to support all classrooms.
- Coordinating MAP and SBA testing and make ups.
What do you love about North Beach?
North Beach is the kindest, most supportive school I have ever experienced. I love that supporting students is at the heart of all we do. Being an interventionist allows me to focus on students who need extra support to be successful—increasing the equity of the education we provide at North Beach.
“I truly appreciate the PTA investing in equity!”
I am so thankful that Mrs. Baker, our Academic Interventionist, is able to work closely with my students for additional reading support—she is invaluable! Extra bonus: they love spending time with her!
- Ms. Knowles, 1st grade teacher
Through generous funding donated by the North Beach families and community the North Beach Elementary PTA is able to provide quality educational support and resources to our children. Support North Beach today. Every dollar donated is important, every dollar directly impacts our school and students.