Hello North Beach Families,
As Seattle Public Schools and the Seattle Education Association continue to work towards a bargaining agreement the North Beach Elementary PTA wants to make sure that families are as informed as possible.
Meals for families-UPDATED
- Starting Monday, 9/12, SPS has shifted meal sites from schools to Seattle Park locations. Please click here for information on meal sites. Meals may be picked up Mon-Fri from 10am - 1pm. Students do not need to be in attendance to pick up these free lunches.
- The North Beach PTA has set up an opportunity for families in need to request a $50 Fred Meyer gift card to be delivered via email. To request a confidential gift card click here. In this second week of the strike, families are welcome to request resources again.
Continued Need- Advocate for North Beach Students Today!
To summarize, our school’s Resource Room is understaffed and we are asking parents and students to send letters supporting our students.
- North Beach had a full time position in the Resource Room at the school and our student numbers that need the Resource Room qualified for this. After a district audit, our enrollment numbers indicated that this position would be cut to .6 (or 3 days). In June, our student numbers were 17 qualifying the position to .8 (or 4 days). What this means is that for our students who qualify and deserve full access to their educational needs via their IEPs will not receive their federally mandated services with just a .6 (3 days) position.
- The North Beach PTA encourages our families to reach out to the district and advocate on behalf of our students.
- Special Education and Supervisor Teresa Swanson:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- School Board Directors, Superintendent, and Senior Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liza Rankin our District Representative: email@example.com
- Attached to this email is a letter you can use as a base for your message to our district leaders, drafted by our PTA’s Special Education Chairs Heidi Yocom and Tamara Sharabi.
- SPS has compiled a list of childcare resources on their Family Resource page.
- North Beach PTA has created a Social Group called “22-23 Childcare Resources” in Konstella for families to connect with each other to arrange child care during the strike.
- SPS bargaining agreement updates may be found here.
- SEA bargaining agreement updates may be found here.
- Information from the Seattle Council PTSA may be found here.
- Information from the Seattle Special Education PTSA may be found here.
President, North Beach Elementary PTA