Dear OSA Families,
On behalf of the Association of Parents and Teachers (APT) we want to welcome everyone back to school! The APT Board is looking forward to engaging OSA parents and families in efforts to support our students, teachers and staff this year.
Last year we pulled together as a community to support the charter renewal process and identified key issues related to equity at OSA for continued work. In addition to the equity work, given that this school year launched in the midst of COVID-19 we anticipate that big areas of work for the APT Board will involve the following:
1) Supporting the implementation of equity strategies at OSA, primarily (but not exclusively) in regard to racial justice
2) Supporting our kids and and their success during the era of online classes
3) Supporting OSA teachers and staff
The APT currently has two vacancies on the Board, for the VP of Communications, and the Co-Secretary. Please see brief descriptions below:
VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS
- Clarifies and communicates APT-related information to parent community when needed on behalf of the APT Board
- Manages Konstella together with the APT Presidents
- Updates all content on the APT-OSA website
- Makes sure that website calendar is up-to-date and accurate
- Edits and approves all website content; works with webmaster to update content regularly
- Coordinates schedules and announcements with OSA administration
CO-SECRETARY (this is a shared APT Board position)
- Records minutes of each General and Board Meeting and submits a copy to the President for review
- Makes copies of the minutes available at the next meeting for approval by the members present or the board, respectively (and sends to VP of Communication for e-posting)
- Maintains APT binder, including copies of all Board procedures, templates, etc., and distributes at meetings when required
- Prepare and read the record of any business that may have been transacted at any previous meeting
- Responsible for distribution of bylaws to all newly elected board members
If you are interested in applying to join the APT Board in either one of these capacities, we would love to hear from you. Please email APT Co-Presidents, Paulina Gonzalez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Morey Riordan (email@example.com) expressing your interest.
Our first general APT meeting (Zoom) will be September 8th! Please stay tuned for more details!