Hello OSA Families-
As we head back to school on Monday, we will be gearing up preparations for the OSA Arts Festival on March 3rd and 4th. This email contains information about planning, volunteering and attending the festival. Additional details will be discussed at this month's APT general and emphases meetings this Tuesday, January 9th.
- Attached is a condensed version of the Power Point presentation given by Ms. Menzies at our kick off meeting in December.
- Also attached is the official poster designed by our Visual Arts department.
- The following is our press release, written by our Literary Arts department:
The youth of Oakland and the Bay Area envision the future through art! Join us on Saturday March 3rd and Sunday March 4th for Oakland School for the Arts' first Arts Festival, where you can enter an array of future spaces. Students from grades 6 to 12 and from all 11 of our arts emphases showcase work in 10 venues in the heart of downtown Oakland, work inspired by the concept of Future Spaces. Imagine a spoken word poem about what follows gentrification, a dance exploring the widening distance in a relationship, a song from a colony on Mars, a painting of Oakland after its adapted to rising sea levels. Show times range from 12 PM to 9 PM with 3 shows per day in each venue. Ticket prices are all general admission - $15 per show; get them now as capacity is limited. For more information about this immersive artistic experience, go to https://www.oakarts.org/
- Tickets are available for purchase at: Buy Tickets
- Volunteer Sign-Ups: Click Here
Please join us on Tuesday at 6 pm in the Student Center to learn more about this event.