As a public school under the OUSD umbrella OSA is excited to partner with OUSD to provide and serve our lunches for 2017/18. OUSD sources locally whenever possible in preparing the lunches.
Exciting changes include:
- Lunch program has been expanded to include Mondays
- Fresh salad bar
- Reduce price of lunch to $3.25 effective September 11, 2017
- Students can purchase just milk - $.75 or fruit - $.75
- Healthy snacks for purchase will be added in the near future
- Possibility of Papa John’s Pizza Day on Tuesdays – We will have our first trial on Tuesday 9/26
- Students will receive a lunch ID card they can scan when they get their lunch
- New lunch server – June
Because we are participating in the Free and Reduced Lunch (FRL) program students must take a full lunch (unless just purchasing milk or fruit). A full lunch is:
- Main course (must take)
- Fruit or vegetable
- Milk is optional
Cost for full lunch is $3.25. Families that qualify for reduced lunch pay $.40.
If you haven’t already done so, please complete the FRL application on the OUSD website - https://mealapps.ousd.org/ by going directly to Application Instructions.
Families can prepay for meals using the following methods:
- Checks made payable to OUSD
- Online https://www.myschoolbucks.com/
The monthly lunch menu is posted on the OSA website: OSA Website. Just go to the homepage, scroll down and click on the Lunch Bag. The menu lists several entrées of which only two will be served each day based on what is locally available.
We encourage you to have your student(s) try the new offerings.
If you have any questions please contact Ms. Jones firstname.lastname@example.org