Vol: 18 No: 23 February 10, 2020
APT is committed to OSA as a diverse, equitable and inclusive school community. A place where students thrive, and where parents, teachers, and students--- together with the school leadership and board, partner to ensure the success of the school.
Please join us for the Monthly APT General Meetings! Download: 2019-20 APT Welcomes You!! - Info Slides
Sign-up for Konstella! This is how OSA's APT provides you important information & updates on OSA!
Konstella Videos & Guides: See these useful Konstella Videos & Guides
Hello OSA Families!
Currently we have raised $365,000 toward our $525,000 Annual Fund goal! We are at 38% overall family participation. THANK YOU to everyone who has given so far!
To help us reach our goal of 100% family participation we will be holding a Phone-A-Thon on February 23 from 10am-12pm in the Student Center. Hitting the phones is still one of the most effective ways to get donations! This will be a great way to get closer to our goal! We are looking for volunteers to help call the families who have not yet given to the Annual Fund. Please sign up to volunteer! We will provide coffee, snacks and phone numbers!
Kristin TT Robson; Annual Fund Manager; Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Oakland School for the Arts (e) firstname.lastname@example.org (p) 510.873.8807 Join me in supporting OSA
Internal Transfers Audition Information
Dear OSA Community,
We have updated our school website with information for current OSA students who have applied to audition into a different arts sub-pathway (also known as internal transfers). You may also access this information directly from our school website by hovering over the Enrollment tab and clicking the link to Internal Transfers Information. This is where we will post updates and further information for students wishing to transfer internally.
OSA Leadership Team
Come to the APT General Meeting:
Tuesday, February 11th at 6pm. (5:30 social time).
Meet, greet, and select the candidates for parent representative on the OSA Board.
Even while celebrating the excellent art curriculum and many academic achievements of our school, many OSA parents have experienced anxiety about past and future challenges facing our school such as high teacher , the fate of charter renewal, equity and auditions - made worse by insufficient communication between the governing Board and families. The lack of parent voices in the governance of our school prompted The Alliance of Parents and Teachers (APT) TO step forward to steer OSA towards equity and excellence under the banner of Parent Power. Thanks to APT’s advocacy, the newly approved OSA charter mandates parent representatives on the OSA Executive Board, guaranteeing shared leadership with OSA parents in the governance of our school.
In addition to the APT’s liaison seat on the board and a nonvoting student representative, two at-large seats are open to all OSA parents and guardians. We invite you to meet the six parents running for these seats on Tuesday, February 11th at 6pm in the Student Center. Use your voice to shape the future of OSA by participating in the nomination process. Learn more about these candidates and don’t forget to vote for the nominees that best represent your hopes for OSA. Voting will take place in person on Tuesday, February 11TH and continue electronically until 5pm on February 14TH. Parent power starts with you!
Learn more and get involved in the the Rape Prevention Education Program for OSA students.
On February 11th we will also be joined by Laura Alberti from the Bay Area Women Against Rape (BAWAR) who is running the Rape Prevention and Education (RPE) Program at OSA and is interested in working with a small group of parents and caretakers at OSA. The program consists of multiple elements -- including evidence-based healthy relationship curricula, youth-led initiatives, and faculty and staff trainings -- all aimed at preventing sexual violence and harassment at OSA. The program also aims to encourage trauma-informed responses to these acts if and when they do occur.
Time: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2020
5:30-6:00pm Community Building
6:00-7:00pm General APT Meeting
7:00-8:00pm Arts Emphasis Meetings
Location: OSA Student Center
Other Important Dates
OSA 2019-20 Academic Calendar
NO SCHOOL: Monday, February 17, 2020 - President's Day
Pay School Lunches with PAYPAL!
Parents may now use PayPal to pay for their student’s school lunches. The link can be found on the family resources page of our website. https://www.oakarts.org/FAMILY-RESOURCES-/index.html
OSA Student and Family Handbook
OSA Bell Schedule
Download OSA 2019-20 Bell Schedule. Be Sure To Be On-Time Everyday! Tardy Bell Rings at 8:15am for Middle School & High School.
3 Easy Ways to Support APT while Shopping!
1) When shopping on Amazon, a percentage of your purchase goes to the APT as a referral fee. Make sure you sign in through your www.smile.amazon.com account so OSA can get the donation.
2) Support your child’s Art Emphasis through your normal shopping activities. To make this happen, just sign up for Escrip. www.secure.escript.com
Collect Box Tops For Education
3) Ever see those pink box tops on cereal boxes, Ziplock bags, Pillsbury refrigerated/dairy items, Kleenex tissue, Nature Valley Granola products and many others, start clipping and saving those today. The school will get 10 cents for each box top turned in. It doesn’t sound like much but it sure adds up: If each OSA student just turns in 10 boxtops we will raise over $500.00 for OSA without spending an extra dime. It’s that easy!
How does it work?
- Clip the box tops from participating brands and put them in a bag.
- Drop off the box tops in the box located at the security desk at the 18th street entrance to the school.
- Visit the Box Tops For Education web site to learn more and see all the participating brands. That’s it. It’s easy! Your family shops, our school earns dollars.
Events, activities, and classes shared by parents for parents.
Upcoming Events to be Posted Here. More to Come...
- Donate to OSA Annual Fund
- OSA Spotlight – November 2019 edition
- OSA Commuters – Login to Konstella and JOIN the Commuter Sharing Social Group
- KOSA Radio – student radio
- smile.amazon.com – Use this link when shopping on Amazon. It brings money into the school!
To View In Your Browser, Click Here: OSA News!