Vol: 18 No: 28 March 16, 2020
APT is committed to OSA as a diverse, equitable and inclusive school community. A place where students thrive, and where parents, teachers, and students--- together with the school leadership and board, partner to ensure the success of the school.
Please join us for the Monthly APT General Meetings! Download: 2019-20 APT Welcomes You!! - Info Slides
Sign-up for Konstella! This is how OSA's APT provides you important information & updates on OSA!
Konstella Videos & Guides: See these useful Konstella Videos & Guides
Good afternoon OSA Community,
During this extremely difficult time, this notice to families and employees of OSA is that the building will be closed during the duration of the shelter-in-place order. Essential functions will be carried out such as payroll for employees. Thank you in advance to Lori Cheatham and Kimberly Palmore for working remotely to ensure everyone will continue to get paid. If employees have questions or concerns, please email or leave a voice message.
Please continue doing the things in life that bring you joy, (create art and talk to friends and family and get outdoors), while being mindful to do your part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the Bay Area with the hope that more lives will not be adversely affected by illness.
Thank you for honoring this request to work collectively as a community to decrease opportunities for the virus to be transmitted by minimizing unnecessary contact. The goal is to make the sacrifice now so the future will be brighter. Remember to breathe to reduce anxiety.
We will continue to provide updates as information is made available to us about the steps we will take after April 7th.
Staci A. Smith
Oakland School for the Arts
Interim Executive Director
OSA Dance Department Spotlight 3/2020
Click HERE to learn about these dancer's latest accomplishments.
Production Design’s Tiny Shelters Project
Dear OSA Community,
On February 23 we held our annual phone-a-thon. We are happy to report that so far, we have raised $17,000 and have increased family participation in the Annual Fund from 42% to 51%!
Thank you to everyone who has given to the Annual Fund so far this school year! And a SPECIAL THANK YOU to the phone-a-thon volunteers who took time out of their weekends to support the school.
It’s not too late to participate! If we raise just $3,000 more we can reach $20,000! We continue to seek 100% family participation in the Annual Fund this 2019-20 school year and cannot achieve this without your help! The Annual Fund is a crucial part of OSA's budget, supporting OSA's robust arts programs, maintenance of our historic facilities, and our expanding technology needs. This year we are asking $2,500 per student. We know that not every family can afford this. Every donation is appreciated, at any level that is meaningful for your family.
Please make your donation today! We prefer checks, but we also accept donations online. We also accept stocks and securities! Please consider setting up a recurring monthly donation at any amount, and check to see if your employer has a matching donations program!
Kristin TT Robson; Annual Fund Manager; Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Oakland School for the Arts (e) email@example.com (p) 510.873.8807 Join me in supporting OSA
OSA School of Dance: Fundraiser
Hopeful Date: Monday, April 27, 2020 (TBD)
Contact for Questions: Renee Hoyer-Nielsen (510) 851-0551
Come to the APT General Meeting:
(Pending updates on school closure timeline)
Tuesday, April 14th at 6pm. (5:30 social time).
Time: TUESDAY, APRIL 14, 2020
5:30-6:00pm Community Building
6:00-7:00pm General APT Meeting
7:00-8:00pm Arts Emphasis Meetings
Location: OSA Student Center
Other Important Dates
OSA 2019-20 Academic Calendar
NO SCHOOL: Monday, March 16, 2020 - Thursday, March 26, 2020 - due to COVID-19
NO SCHOOL: Friday, March 27, 2020 - Cesar Chavez Holiday
NO SCHOOL: Monday, March 30, 2020 - Friday, April 3, 2020 - Spring Break
Classes expected to resume on Monday, April 6, 2020
(PENDING UPDATES FROM LOCAL HEALTH OFFICIALS)
Pay School Lunches with PAYPAL!
Parents may now use PayPal to pay for their student’s school lunches. The link can be found on the family resources page of our website. https://www.oakarts.org/FAMILY-RESOURCES-/index.html
OSA Student and Family Handbook
OSA Bell Schedule
Download OSA 2019-20 Bell Schedule. Be Sure To Be On-Time Everyday! Tardy Bell Rings at 8:15am for Middle School & High School.
3 Easy Ways to Support APT while Shopping!
1) When shopping on Amazon, a percentage of your purchase goes to the APT as a referral fee. Make sure you sign in through your www.smile.amazon.com account so OSA can get the donation.
2) Support your child’s Art Emphasis through your normal shopping activities. To make this happen, just sign up for Escrip. www.secure.escript.com
Collect Box Tops For Education
3) Ever see those pink box tops on cereal boxes, Ziplock bags, Pillsbury refrigerated/dairy items, Kleenex tissue, Nature Valley Granola products and many others, start clipping and saving those today. The school will get 10 cents for each box top turned in. It doesn’t sound like much but it sure adds up: If each OSA student just turns in 10 boxtops we will raise over $500.00 for OSA without spending an extra dime. It’s that easy!
How does it work?
- Clip the box tops from participating brands and put them in a bag.
- Drop off the box tops in the box located at the security desk at the 18th street entrance to the school.
- Visit the Box Tops For Education web site to learn more and see all the participating brands. That’s it. It’s easy! Your family shops, our school earns dollars.
Events, activities, and classes shared by parents for parents.
Upcoming Events to be Posted Here. More to Come...
- Donate to OSA Annual Fund
- OSA Spotlight – November 2019 edition
- OSA Commuters – Login to Konstella and JOIN the Commuter Sharing Social Group
- KOSA Radio – student radio
- smile.amazon.com – Use this link when shopping on Amazon. It brings money into the school!
To View In Your Browser, Click Here: OSA News!