K-5 students will participate in a Halloween Parade on Tuesday, October 31. The parade will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will conclude by 9:10 a.m. Please read the information below regarding the Halloween Parade:
1. Students should wear their costumes and all necessary makeup to school on Oct. 31 and arrive as usual by 8:10 a.m. Students with bulky costumes or costumes that may cause them to become too hot or too cold during the school day should wear comfortable clothing underneath, and they may take off their costumes after the parade. Please send a bag with your child’s name on it if your child will need to take his/her costume off. Please be mindful of safe footwear, as children use the stairs throughout the school day.
2. Costumes should be appropriate for elementary school. No swords, guns, knives, or anything that may be scary for young children will be permitted. Children are not permitted to wear full-face Halloween masks at school for safety reasons.
3. Students will parade out the gym doors and around the back field one time. Visitors should enter the back field area via the gate near the bike rack and stand on the edge of the field. Staff members will be available to assist visitors. Please arrive early, as parking is limited. Adult spectators should not wear costumes, masks, or makeup to the parade.
4. In case of inclement weather, the parade will be canceled. The School Messenger system will be used to notify parents of a cancellation. Students should still wear their costumes to school on October 31st if the parade is canceled.
5. Students will resume a typical school day after the parade. If your child’s usual Tuesday dismissal plan will change due to Halloween, please send a note to the teacher on or before October 31.