Our students will participate in a Halloween Parade on Friday, October 29. Students in grades 3-5 will march from 9:00-9:10 a.m. Students in grades K-2 will march from 9:30-9:40 a.m. Please read the information below regarding the Halloween Parade:
- Students should wear their costumes and all necessary makeup to school on Oct. 29 and arrive as usual by 8:10 a.m. Students with bulky costumes or costumes that may cause them to become too hot or too cold during the school day should wear comfortable clothing underneath, and they may take off their costumes after the parade. Please send a bag with your child’s name on it if your child will need to take his/her costume off. Please be mindful of safe footwear, as children use the stairs throughout the school day.
- Costumes should be appropriate for elementary school. No swords, guns, knives, wands, or anything that may be scary for young children will be permitted. Children are not permitted to wear full-face Halloween masks at school for safety reasons. Students should still wear a face covering to school as usual per health guidelines on October 29.
- Students will parade out the gym doors, along the edge of the playground equipment, and around the blacktop one time. Each parade will last about 5-10 minutes. Visitors should enter the back field area via the gate near the bike rack and stand on the edge of the field near the blacktop. Staff members will be available to assist visitors. We are requesting that only one adult per student attend the parade so that there is ample viewing space for visitors. Please arrive early, as parking is limited.
- In case of inclement weather, the parade will be cancelled. The School Messenger system will be used to notify parents of a cancellation. Students should still wear their costumes to school on October 29th if the parade is cancelled.
- Adult visitors should not wear costumes or masks to the parade.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to our Halloween Parade!
Sheila Buck, Principal