Ocean Road School is proud to be participating in International Walk to School Day with the children from all over the world!
Join children and adults from around the world to celebrate the benefits of walking and bicycling. Walk to School Day is an annual event that promotes walking and bicycling for several reasons:
• Physical activity
• Teaching safe pedestrian and bicycling skills to children
• Awareness of how walkable & community is and where improvements can be made
• Concern for the environment
• Reducing traffic congestion, pollution and speed near schools
• Sharing time with community leaders, parents and children
For more information go to walkbiketoschool.org
Walk to School Day is coordinated in the U.S.A. by the National Center for Safe Routes to School.