Dollar Pretzel Day Committee
- Call the Philly Pretzel Factory on 1845 Hooper Avenue in Toms River, NJ at 732-255-5555 (https://phillypretzelfactory.com/locations/toms-river/) two days before Dollar Pretzel Day to confirm pick-up time/day (9:45 a.m.) and the pretzel order of 350 pretzels total.
- Pick-up the pretzel order by 9:45 a.m. to be back at the school by 10:30 a.m. to prepare before Kindergarten lunch begins.
- The ORS PTO has an account so the Philly Pretzel Company will invoice the PTO (tell them you’re picking up for Ocean Road School PTO).
- The pretzel boxes come uncovered. Ask for paper bags (1 bag per box so you can rip it open to cover boxes during transport). First "Shift” will meet you at the Catherine Street doors at 10:30 a.m. Sign-in at main office then drive back around to Catherine Street doors to drop off pretzels closer to cafeteria.
FIRST SHIFT (10:30 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.):
- After signing in at main office, check the ORS PTO mailbox for any last minute Kindergarten Dollar Pretzel Day Pre-Orders. And if you need bags/gloves/cash-box, ask the Dollar Pretzel Day committee chair or the front desk in the main office.
- Meet in lobby by cafeteria & Catherine Street doors. Get there early to help bring in the boxes of pretzels from Pick-up/Drop-off shift.
- Set up next to stage. Grab a table from the lobby outside cafeteria to put pretzel boxes on top.
- Then start bagging all the pretzels. One pretzel per brown paper lunch bag, using gloves. There will be gloves and bags provided.
- First lunch is Kindergarten. Some of them will have pre-ordered/prepaid. Please sort the slips by teacher name and put money in cash box. The lunch helper/aid (Ms. Nagle) will call the students up by class that have already pre-ordered/prepaid for pretzels. Kindergarten students are still able to purchase the day of Dollar Pretzel Day.
- By pre-bagging the pretzels we avoid handling money and food. One person handles money, the other gives the bagged pretzel to the students.
ALL SHIFT (10:30 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.):
- If children aren’t being called up, gently remind lunch helpers/aides that the pretzel may be the child’s lunch so they need to be called to have time to eat.
- Lunch helper/aid will call children up one class at a time.
- One person handles money, the other gives the bagged pretzel.
LAST SHIFT (12:05 p.m. - 12:55 p.m.):
- At end of lunch, please secure cash box and call the committee chair to arrange a pick-up.
- Please clean-up the area by discarding boxes and returning the table to lobby.
- If there are pretzels left, feel free to distribute among volunteers and put rest in teachers lounge. When signing out at office, let staff know if there are pretzels left so they can grab.