#PS20PTA$1Rummage Sale is this Saturday, June 19 from 11am-3pm in the School Yard on Clermont Ave.
Dear P.S.20 Families,
#Sustainability is making a final call to all of us at #PS20, before the end of this school year 2020-2021.
Clean out your closets, and shop outdoors for a good cause!
The #PS20PTA $1 Rummage Sale is happening on Saturday June 19 from 11am-3pm in the schoolyard (Clermont Ave.) This is an outdoor-only event.
Shopping second-hand is an affordable and sustainable way to keep clothing out of landfills.
To make this event a success we need your gently-use donations, and volunteer power. Scroll down to read how you can help.
Questions? Contact Meryem at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
**NOTA-BENE: All attendees must wear a mask, and respect social distancing guidelines.
How Does it Work?
- Donate your clean, gently used and new clothing (baby-adult), outerwear, shoes, belts, hats, purses, and household linens to the sale. We are also collecting bags for shoppers!
- Shop for second-hand items - absolutely everything is $1
- Spread the word - this event is open to the public!
- Volunteer - Spend a few hours outside helping raise money for #PS20PTA (sign up below)
Shop the Rummage Sale:
Every P.S.20 student will receive a $5 credit to spend at the #PS20RummageSale.
Every single item is $1. Yes, really! We accept cash, credit cards!.
All proceeds from the rummage sale support PS20PTA funded initiatives like teacher grants, performing arts programs, #PS20SeniorClass & so much more!
Donate Gently Used Clothing, Shoes, and Textiles: Friday June 18 & Saturday, June 19
Gather, sort and drop off your donations in the P.S.20 School Yard
- Friday, June 18th at pick-up and drop-off
- Saturday, June 19th from 9am-2pm (sale hours are 11-3)
If possible, please separate your items into sized bags for children's clothing, and by gender for adult clothing.
All items should be clean, and in excellent used (or new) condition.
All volunteers will need to fill out the NYC DOE Health Screening prior to arrival.
Friday Volunteers: Collection and sorting
Collect donations at drop-off and pick-up in the P.S.20 School Yard
Sort donations and pack into bags to be stored overnight.
Saturday Volunteers: Rummage Sale Day
Setup, sort and organize donations and tables, collect payment, clean-up.
Sidewalk Chalk and poster team: Chalk the sidewalks guiding shoppers to the schoolyard. Hang up posters (DIY or printed) Saturday morning (this can be done any time before 11am).
Spread the Word:
- Post in a local neighborhood group
- Print and hang flyers in your neighborhood or around the school
- Tell friends and family, and encourage them to donate gently used clothing and textiles.
Clean, gently-used or new:
· Clothing (infant - adult sizes)
· Household Linens (sheets, cloth shower curtains, bathmat, towels)