Dear Parents and Guardians,
We hope this finds you well in the midst of this historical collective experience. As we move towards reopening, and classes are now mostly in place, we need your assistance in organizing the PS20 group of Class Parent Leaders. (CPL) for the year 2020-2021.
A Class Parent Leader has the important role of connecting. The CPL is both the liaison between the teacher and the parents/guardians and direct support for the teacher. This year CPL functions will look a little different to meet the needs of our times. Some of the support needed would be:
- Helping parents/guardians subscribe to their classroom in our electronic platform Konstella.
- Setting up a Konstella class subgroup for parents ONLY, i.e., without the teacher, to be free to use as the class forum for any exchange concerning the classroom, students etc.
- Supporting the teacher to ensure sufficient class supplies.
- Facilitate communication from the teachers to the parents/guardians. This can be updates on class activities and homework, assistance with remote connection or anything the teacher feels they need help with.
- Coordinating mid/end of year gifts for the teachers.
- Passing down PTA communications regarding volunteer opportunities or other important messages.
It would be ideal to have one or two representatives from each cohort A and B and from each remote class. Typically a class has two or three CPL’s to share the responsibilities. The amount of work is minimal and primarily involves communication of important information. It is also a wonderful way to get to know and stay connected to the community!
Please consider taking on this invaluable role as the spokesperson for your cohort to support the teachers and all the kids.
May you be well,
PTA board and CPL support