2/19/2021 12:20 PM
Subject: School Building Cleared for Reopening
Dear P.S. 20 - BROOKLYN at 225 ADELPHI STREET Families:
Today I am writing to share an important update about our school building. Since closing the building following multiple unlinked COVID-19 cases in our school community, the NYC Test + Trace Corps (T2) and the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) have completed a thorough investigation. They have determined that the building is clear to reopen for regularly scheduled activities on 2/22/2021.
Here is guidance from DOHMH, T2, and the New York City Department of Education (DOE) to help clarify next steps:
- Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test will not return to the school until they are no longer infectious.
- Close contacts of the person who tested positive have been notified and will continue their 10-day quarantine period. If additional close contacts are identified, they will also be instructed to quarantine for 10 days.
- The NYC Test + Trace Corps partners with community-based organizations to connect quarantining New Yorkers to resources like food, medicine, and health care. To connect with resources, you can call 1-212-COVID19 (212-268-4319).
How Do We Stay Healthy?
Please remember to follow these important “Core Four” actions to prevent COVID-19 transmission:
- Stay home if sick (except to get essential medical care, including COVID-19 testing).
- Practice social distancing: Stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not members of your household.
- Wear a face covering to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Practice healthy hand hygiene: Wash your hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer; avoid touching your face; and cover your cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.
How can I stay updated?
We will continue to closely follow directions from public health experts and proactively update you on any measures we are taking. To ensure we can reach you via text and email, please create a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA) as soon as possible by visiting schools.nyc.gov/nycsa.
For additional information on COVID-19, visit schools.nyc.gov/coronavirus or call 311.