This Wednesday (12/1) from 8am-4pm, P.S. 20 will again become a pop-up vaccination site for children 5-11 to get their first or second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. 🍭 Spread the word!
- The vaccine pop-up will be open from 8am-4pm, no appointment needed
- The pop-up will be for children 5-11 only, getting their first or second dose
- Check-in will be just inside the Adelphi entrance to P.S. 20, next to the security desk
- After check-in, parents and guardians will wait in the auditorium for your turn to get the vaccine. No waiting outside in the cold!
- A volunteer or staff member will call the classroom for your child when it’s their turn, and the vaccinations will take place on the auditorium stage
- You’ll be asked to wait with your child for about 15 minutes post vaccination, and then your child can return to class or you can sign them out for the remainder of the day
As we mentioned in earlier announcements, there is a $100 incentive for each child, AND for each referral the PS 20 PTA gets, we get $100 that can help us fund PTA School Assistants, more Green Arts and STEAM programming and support for outdoor eating and learning.
So, when you go to take your child to get a COVID-19 vaccine at a NYC sponsored site, please make sure that you list the "PS20 Parent and Teachers' Association, Inc." [NO SPACE between PS and 20 otherwise it won't show up] as the referral organization on your intake form. Please note, that anyone who is getting their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine can list the PS 20 PTA as a referral organization, not just PS 20 students and family.
Thanks to you all as we work together to make the PS 20 community a healthy and safe place for our children. ❤️