Things with COVID-19 are changing daily.
For now, Mosaic will remain in operation unless we receive notification from DOE otherwise.
We are again asking any family that can to keep their child home from the program if that is possible for you. Every family member that stays home is someone who is not out in the community spreading or contracting the virus. We ourselves are making these really tough decisions for our families on a day-by-day basis and feel incredible sympathy for families in this stressful time. We know there may be unavoidable commitments with our employers and other social responsibilities.
Most importantly, we want to reiterate that our staff know they must stay home if they are not feeling well and we ask that Mosaic families do the same. That includes keeping sibling groups at home even if only one child or family member is sick. We can’t risk exposing each other.
As a reminder, DOE sent the following guidance to families last week:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve
- Wash your hands regularly
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Get your flu shot – it’s never too late
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick. Call your doctor and let them know your symptoms and travel history.
The Mosaic Committee