Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Welcome to a new school year! We are very excited to have the opportunity to serve your family for Fall 2021 as part of the Mosaic Afterschool Program.
From 2:40-6pm, your child will participate in a number of fun activities led by Mosaic Program Assistants, receive some homework assistance, and play with friends.
Ahead of our first day of Mosaic after care, here are a few reminders:
- Please notify classroom teachers what day(s) your child(ren) will be attending Mosaic afterschool so they are prepared when Mosaic staff are picking up from classrooms
- Please take a minute to add your child’s PS 20 classroom teacher to your Sawyer profile as it helps us keep rosters clear for Mrs. Barbera and the rest of the front office staff
- Send your child(ren) with a nutritious snack and a water bottle for after school for the first week. PS 20 will only begin providing afternoon lunch on Monday, September 20th. No nuts please!
Mosaic Typical Day
2:30: Students will be picked up from classrooms, get settled, have a snack, play quietly with their friends
3:30-4:00: Students will be able to complete at least 1 homework assignment, if applicable
4:00-5:00: Students will engage in structured activities planned by Mosaic staff including positive youth development, arts/movement, sports and recreation, and STEM.
5:00-6:00: Free play until pick-up
Please note that we take the children to the schoolyard as much as possible throughout their time in Mosaic, weather and daylight permitting)
Please see attachment for full schedule*
- Families should be ready to show ID for pick up as we get to know all the new and familiar faces. Please have patience as we begin this new school year with so many new program assistants and new Mosaic families
- Mosaic dismissal between 5-5:45pm will be at the Adelphi entrance of PS 20. A staff member will be out front to greet families and call children, one-by-one, down for pick up. Please be patient.
- Mosaic dismissal after 5:45pm: all children and staff will line up to wait outside the Adelphi entrance of PS 20 for their families to arrive
- If you need an early pick (before 5pm) or if there are any changes, please give immediate notice so that kids and staff are prepared when you arrive. Email, call, or text: email@example.com or 347-766-2158
Mosaic programs will follow current NYC Department of Education and NYS Department of Health guidelines on public health safety protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic, including guidelines surrounding the use of face masks for students and staff, physical distancing, handwashing, sanitation and ventilation of spaces, and vaccination of staff. Students will be outside as much as possible, and pick-up procedures will be outside at the end of the day.
WHAT TO WEAR?
Closed toe shoes are highly recommended
Please also send a labeled ziplock bag with extra clothes for bathroom incidents
Other important links
Registration is rolling, if you decide to add more days.
If you see that a class is full and you need that day, join the waitlist or email Mosaic@ps20.org
Meet the Mosaic staff
Please see our FAQ here