Protect our children & community while making $ for you & PS 20!
Children 5-11 can receive their 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine @PS 20 this Monday (11/8) from 12-4pm.
The vaccine is free (no insurance necessary) for everyone (regardless of immigration status). If you get your 1st dose at an NYC site, the City is providing a $100 incentive to you AND if you list the PS20 PTA as a referring org, the school receives $100 per shot! These incentives are available when you get a first shot at any NYC sponsored vaccination sites.
Details for Monday's event below and at PS20.org:
On Monday November 8th , between the hours of 12:00 Noon and 4:00 PM, students aged
5 through 11 can receive the first dose of the vaccine here at PS 20.
The vaccine provider will be Med Rite Lab.
Note: People who are 5 to 17 years old can only receive the Pfizer vaccine.
- This is a regular school day for all students, so please drop off your child at 8:20 AM.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Vaccinations will be administered between 12:00- 4:00PM only.
- A parent or guardian is required to accompany your child while they are being vaccinated.
- Parent sign-in begins at 12:00PM at our main entrance at 225 Adelphi Street.
- You will be required to show photo ID and sign in.
- A staff member will call the classroom for your child and you will be with your child as they are vaccinated.
- You will be asked to wait with your child for about 15 minutes post vaccination, then your child can return to class or you can sign your child out for the rest of the day.
- To alleviate congestion at our main entrance around and during dismissal time 2:40 PM, we are asking that you wait until all of the classes are dismissed before entering the school to sign-up your child for a vaccination.
- Following dismissal, you will be able to sign into the building and accompany your child to the vaccination room.
- In general, when registering for your or your family member's vaccination appointment using the NYC Appointment Scheduler please list “PS20 PTA” (no spaces in PS20, or it won’t show up!) as the organization that referred you! The PS 20 PTA can receive $100 per referral up to $20,000 through the City's NYC Vaccine Referral Bonus Initiative. Getting vaccinated not only helps keep our community safe and healthy, but can also help fund important school programs like our PTA School Assistants, Green Arts, outdoor learning and STEAM!
Please contact Karen Colon at KColon3@schools.nyc.gov if you should have any further questions.