Below you will find information this evening's PTA General Membership meeting.
Here is a link to the video from the meeting:
Here is a link to the slide presentation from the meeting:
And below you will find a summary of the highlights:
Ms. Barbera updates
- COVID updates- see slide presentation and will post an updated COVID-19 FAQ on ps20.org and share via Konstella shortly.
- International Baccalaureate school- we are now and IB school and teachers are being trained accordingly- this is exciting for PS20- please contact your teacher if you want more information on it is changing practice in the classroom.
- PS20 has adopted Teachers College Reader and Writers workshop this year
- Hydroponic lab- very exciting $400,000 project.
- Need architect and engineering parents who are willing to be listeners and provide design feedback as the project is developed- please email firstname.lastname@example.org to support
- PreK students need to reapply for Kindergarten by January 18th
- Application: https://www.myschools.nyc/en/
- PreK3- we don't yet know if they will have to reapply to PreK4- we will be in touch as we learn more
- Outdoor Learning- thank you for volunteering!
- 3 vaccine clinics at PS20 and have raised over $12,000 for PS20!
- Parents night out- 45 parents raised over $2500
- Book Fair- great event; over 80 volunteers and raised close to $3000
Follow us Instagram- @PS20PTA
- HOLD the date for the Auction- May 13th, 2022- email email@example.com to be on the committee
- Please join the Fundraising Committee on konstella- meeting January - 8:30 am
- We are almost 25% toward our 100,000 goal!! Please donate- we are looking to increase total participation!
- 20 for 20 is part of the Annual Giving- please consider giving this Monday December 20th to support our equity work and Teacher Appreciation activities in December!
- Please ask if your company matches- increase your donation!
- There is a flyer going home this week
- Give Lively link: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/ps20-clinton-hills-pta/2021-2022-annual-appeal
- We want to bring it back but need support- please email board@PS20.org to volunteer to support!
- Large school closing- there have been rumors about this but there was a clarification that at this point that is not the plan and is not happening at this point
- Situation room is backlogged so principals will be able to communicate more before waiting to hear from them
- 5th grade DLP- Ms. Opal Morrison is the teacher in the class now and is doing a wonderful job; she is not bilingual so they are also getting 6 periods of French instruction a week
- BOOK FAIR OPEN TILL 6 pm tomorrow!!! Please visit!!