Wed, Nov 20 6:00pm-8:30pm
PS 20 The Clinton Hill School
COME AND LEARN ABOUT SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH
FUN ACTIVITIES AND GAMES FOR KIDS FAMILIES AND FRIENDS
You will learn how to be more sustainable at school and at home:
- Sewing tote-bags from recycled t-shirts with the one and only Mrs Colon
- Making new crayons by recycling our broken crayons
- An anthropologist will tell us about our ancestors
- Making art about environment with artist and teacher Anthony May-Heinz
- We will make a chandelier out of recycled plastic bottles with artist and teacher Cierra Ruddock
- Learn about and make compost not trash with DSNY
- City Growers will introduce features of our beehives
- We will be making stencils for the STEAM mural with artist Valerie Hallier
- We will be learning about plant-based diet and its benefits for humans and the climate with a reel Chef!
- We will be listening to Greta in the PS20 hut.
- PS20 Green team will exhibit their first initiative about climate change, where they explore the relationship between palm oil and climate disruption.
- Much more, to be experienced with our friends from the Navy Yard, Garden train District 15 and District 13, STEMteachersNYC, EcoRise, etc.....
- We will have food, smoothies and French cookies!
Come all, bring friends and families, we sure all need to set our goal for the coming year!