Dear Children's School Families and Community:
The 2020 Community Mayors Summer Camp Scholarship application is now available! For those applying for the first time, please note:
- Application is for SLEEP AWAY camps.
- Students must be between the ages of 9-16.
- Applications need to be filled out completely
- At the school, it is suggested the guidance counselor fill out Part II (however, any staff that knows the child well enough and can write a recommendation can assist)
- “Waiver, Release, and Indemnity” Form must be read and completed. Incomplete forms may be discounted.
- All applications must be received by close of the business day (5:00 pm on March 15, 2020)
- The parent is in charge of contacting and making arrangements with the camp they wish the student to attend ALTHOUGH D75 has committed to assisting parents with the process if they experience any difficulty. Parents should be directed to their Guidance Counselors or Parent Coordinator for help with the application if needed.
- Parents can also contact Ray Velez at the district office for support. (information in the signature below)
- All completed applications will be collected by the district office. Please mail to:
Attn: Raymond Velez
District 75 Citywide Programs
(Community Mayors Summer Camp Scholarship)
400 1st Avenue, 8th fl.
New York, NY 10010
- It is important to understand D75 is only facilitating the promotion of this scholarship and collection of applications. We have nothing to do with neither its funding nor the management of the camps. Community Mayors has no direct control over the camps either. They are simply providing the scholarship so students may have the opportunity to attend a summer camp.
- The number of scholarships is extremely limited and winners are selected by Community Mayors. Winners will be contacted directly.
Good luck everyone!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Yvette Agas-Bautz, Parent Coordinator